Before your test starts, you should see a video feed or image of yourself. If you don't, you may need to check your web browser permissions and ensure all other applications/programs are closed.
NOT SEEING A VIDEO FEED?
Here is how you can set-up your permissions. For security reasons, you may need to give the web browser permission to use your camera and microphone on the website.
HOW TO CHECK YOUR PERMISSIONS:
On a mobile device:
1. Tap on the "lock icon" located at the top left side of the page.
2. Tap on the permission settings that says "Access your camera"
3. Lastly, tap on "Allow" to go back to the home screen and the camera should be allowed now.
On a Computer/Laptop web browser:
1. Click the camera icon in the left side of the browser URL bar, this should show you whether the browser has access to your camera or microphone:
2. Change the dropdown menu to "Allow" or "Always allow" to give permission:
Check your camera and microphone permissions in Chrome:
1. Click the camera icon in the right end of the browser address bar, it will show you whether the browser has access to your camera and microphone. If you have denied the browser permission to use your camera and microphone, it will look like this:
2. To give appear.in permission to use your camera/microphone, click " Manage Media Settings.."
3. The next box, under the Camera and Microphone section, select the arrow to the right.
4. Scroll to find appear.in in the list, and click the little X next to it to delete the permission for it
5. Go back and reload the appear in-room again, now it should ask you for permission again, and you can choose "allow".
**Note: There a bug in Chrome, where sometimes after you have done this, the cam icon in the address bar will show a red X, even though your camera stream is still visible. Just select "Always Allow", "Done" and then refresh and it should be fine.