Install Firefox on Windows
- Visit this Firefox download page in any browser, such as Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Click the "
button. The Firefox Installer that downloads will automatically offer you the best available version of Firefox for your computer.
- If you use Microsoft Internet Explorer, a notification bar will appear at the bottom of the page with the options to run the installer or save the file to your computer. Click to start the process.
- In other browsers, you may need to first save the Firefox installer to your computer, then open the file you downloaded.
Note: If you see an Open File - Security Warning dialog, click or .
- The User Account Control dialog may open, to ask you to allow the Firefox Installer to make changes to your computer. If this dialog appears, click to start the installation.
- Wait for Firefox to finish installing.
Note: The Firefox Installer may contain an Update or Re-install button and an option to restore default settings and remove add-ons, if a very outdated Firefox version or very old profile data is detected. Clear the checkbox to keep the old data and click or to start the installation.
- When the installation is complete, Firefox will open.
Congratulations, you are done installing Firefox! Double-click on the Mozilla Firefox icon whenever you want to go online.
Install Firefox on Mac
- Visit the Firefox download page in any browser (for example, Apple Safari). It will automatically detect the platform and language on your computer and recommend the best version of Firefox for you.
- Click the green download button to download Firefox.
- Note: If you want to have a choice of the language for your Firefox installation, select the "Download in another language" link under the download button instead.
- Once the download has completed, the file (Firefox.dmg) should open by itself and pop open a Finder window containing the Firefox application. Drag the Firefox Icon on top of the Applications folder in order to copy it there.
Note: If you do not see this window, click the Firefox.dmg file that you downloaded to open it.
- After dragging Firefox to the Applications folder, hold down the controlkey while clicking in the window and select from the menu.
- You can add Firefox to your dock for easy access. Just open your Applications folder and drag Firefox to the dock.
- Firefox is now ready for use. Just click on its icon in the dock to start it.
Starting Firefox for the first time
When you first start up Firefox, you will be warned that you downloaded Firefox from the Internet. Because you download Firefox from the official site, you can click.